Small Team, Big Results: Effective HR Strategies for Maximum Impact
Virtual Workshop Overview
Are you an Executive Director or an HR professional juggling multiple responsibilities in a micro to small size organization? Join us for this dynamic workshop designed to help you maximize your human resources (HR) impact. With limited resources and tight budgets, it is crucial to work smarter, not harder, to build a high-performance team and achieve your organization’s mission. In this interactive session, we'll dive into practical strategies and best practices specifically tailored for organizations with smaller operating budgets. Discover how to align HR with your organization's unique goals, attract top talent, and cultivate a thriving workplace culture. Let's unlock the potential of your small team and achieve big results together.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Develop a customized strategic workforce plan that aligns HR initiatives with the unique goals and challenges of micro to small size organizations.
- Implement cost-effective and targeted recruitment strategies to find the best-fit candidates for your small team.
- Enhance employee retention through tailored onboarding and orientation programs that make a lasting impact.
- Foster a results-driven culture by effectively managing team performance, setting clear expectations, and providing continuous feedback.
- Address common turnover and retention challenges faced by small organizations and develop practical solutions.
- Design and deliver impactful employee training and development programs that maximize learning outcomes within limited resources.
- Create a positive and inclusive workplace culture that values diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and promotes collaboration to enhance employee engagement.
- Navigate the complexities of compensation and benefits options, making informed decisions that suit your organization's budgetary constraints.
- Implement proven strategies to increase employee productivity, job satisfaction, and overall organizational success.
Join us for this empowering workshop and gain the knowledge and tools to optimize your HR practices, overcome challenges, and drive exceptional results within your micro to small size organization. Together, let's unleash the potential of your team and achieve big outcomes.
ACS MEMBERS - FREE
NON-MEMBERS - $35
Deborah Stallings, MA, SHRM-SCP
President and Chief People Officer
10015 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410) 381-5220 office
(240) 401-7737 mobile
Deborah Stallings is the founder, President, and Chief People Officer of HR Anew, where "people is our mission." In business for more than 20 years, Deborah has expertise in human resource management, training, equal employment opportunity, recruiting, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging as an African American entrepreneur who bootstrapped her business. Deborah is creative and innovative and knows how to pivot in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) world to support business scaling and enhanced team productivity. She is a fresh wind that brings new ideas, thoughts, business opportunities, and better HR.
Industries she supports include healthcare, medical, financial, technology, construction, facilities, education, security, transportation, housing, retail, and manufacturing. Clients Deborah and her team support range from five to 65,000 employees in private, nonprofit, and government sectors. Her largest clients include the Transportation Security Agency (TSA), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), and the University of Maryland.
Deborah's dedication to organizations and teams is illustrated in her many professional and personal roles advancing excellence and opportunity. She speaks frequently on faith, transformational leadership, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and other workplace topics. Deborah is a former Board Member of Girl Scouts of Central Maryland, Lincoln College of Technology, National Association of Women Business Owners (National Board), Maryland Chamber of Commerce, Howard County Chamber of Commerce, Associated Black Charities, and founder and past President of the Howard County Human Resources Society (HoCoHRS).
Deborah has also served as a coach and mentor to early-stage women entrepreneurs in the Babson College Women Entrepreneurship program, is the Director of the Board of Christian Education, Pennsylvania Avenue AME Zion Church, and Vice President and board member of the Zion Development Corporation.
Deborah's awards and recognition include the HR Leadership Award, George Mason University; Top 100 MBE Hall of Fame, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award; Future 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Maryland, SmartCEO Magazine; Maryland Top 100 Women, The Daily Record; National Woman in Business Champion, U.S. Small Business Administration; Woman of the Year, National Association of Women Business Owners, Baltimore Region; and Business Achievement Award, Howard County Economic Development Authority.
She is a member of several professional associations, including the Forbes HR Council, Women Presidents Organization (WPO), The Alternative Board (TAB), Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), Pinnacle Global Network (PGN), the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Women Elevating Women (WEW), Association for Talent Development (TD), Howard County Chamber of Commerce, and the Maryland Chamber of Commerce.
Deborah earned a Master of Art in Management and Leadership and a Bachelor of Art in Business from Notre Dame of Maryland University. She is certified by the Society for Human Resource Management as a Senior Certified.